Each year, the Acton Women’s Club honors exceptional high school seniors that have given their all through scholastic achievement, community service, and extracurricular activities. These students prove that hard work and dedication can go a long way.
This year, five $1,500 Acton Women’s Club Scholarships will be awarded.
The Acton Women’s Club thanks you for applying for one of our scholarships. To be eligible for consideration, a student must:
- Be a graduating senior with a 2.0 minimum GPA.
- Enroll this fall in a vocational school, community or four-year college.
- Reside in Acton.
- Fill out the application provided. (Applications are also available online at www.actonwomensclub.com)
- Include a wallet size photo (to be used for publication purposes if you are selected to receive a scholarship).
- Write an essay (2 page limit) telling us about the following: 1) Your future plans, ambitions, and areas of interest; 2) Your community involvement, activities, and possible jobs; 3) Your extracurricular activities at school; 4) Your leadership skills and any challenges you may have addressed; and 5) Why you should receive one of our scholarships? These elements will play a prominent role in scholarship consideration. High academic performance is not most important to attaining a scholarship.
- Obtain a letter of recommendation from a teacher or counselor.
- Obtain a certified signed and sealed copy of your current transcripts.
- Submit your application form, essay, letter of recommendation, certified transcripts, and photo to Acton Women’s Club by the specified deadline.
The application deadline is Monday, April 24, 2017. Please return your completed application to your school counselor or send it to the Acton Women’s Club at the address printed above. Mailed applications must be postmarked no later than April 24, 2017